RE: RMAN - Local vs. central backup script

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:58:44 -0500

I have setup a centralized backup RMAN catalog with a standard set of
scripts parameterized for database name.  I use one cron - alerts
through e-mail.  Also, in terms of DR it is better.  Think about it -
could write that RMAN catalog to a backup site nightly running a
secondary rman catalog.  Then if things go SOUTH - get it - Florida
(hehe) - SORRY I HAVE BEEN IN DATA CLEANSING PURGATORY!!!! =20

Anyway, if things go south you just need your tapes, your catalog is
ready to restore.

It is a ##$$ easier to maintain.=20