Re: RAC or Not RAC

  • From: Tony Sequeira <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:24:21 +0000

Oliver Jost wrote:
Hi All,
I have a question that may be a touch backwards. My option is to create a standalone instance on 10G or single-node RAC 10G. Aside from support, does anyone have any pros and cons to potential approach. If we move to a standalone instance we can stablize our application and upgrade to RAC. If we go with RAC I can just add a node when it presents itself. I know the RAC pack suggests a standalone instance rather than a single node RAC and I'm inclined that way myself. Could anyone add their insight/experience?
Thank you,
     Oliver

You may find this interesting, I did. Those of you that have seen it before, please forgive me:

http://www.miracleas.dk/WritingsFromMogens/YouProbablyDontNeedRACUSVersion.pdf

--
Tony Sequeira