RAC or Not RAC

  • From: "Oliver Jost" <Oliver.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:52:30 -0500

Hi All,
  I have a question that may be a touch backwards.  My option is to
create a standalone instance on 10G or single-node RAC 10G.  Aside from
support, does anyone have any pros and cons to potential approach.  If
we move to a standalone instance we can stablize our application and
upgrade to RAC.  If we go with RAC I can just add a node when it
presents itself.  I know the RAC pack suggests a standalone instance
rather than a single node RAC and I'm inclined that way myself.  Could
anyone add their insight/experience?

Thank you,

GIF image