Re: RAC or Not RAC

  • From: Sam Chakkanat <cvsam@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oliver.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:11:28 -0800

Oliver,

The rational behind going RAC is HA/MAA/Scalability.  So, if you are looking to
have only Single Node, why spending extra license fee for RAC.
You can always migrate to RAC.

Any single instance cons and pros can be the same for this.  To migrate to RAC,
anyway you need to setup the shared storage.  And that requires
downtime.

Pros are cost saving, and others for a single instance.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,

Sam Chakkanat
America's C-Bench