Re: RAC on extended distance clusteres

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:56:14 -0500

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:09:07AM +1100, Pete Sharman wrote:
> It seems people try to use this as a cheap way to provide DR and HA in one
> foul swoop.

Forgive the non-techie aside, I had never heard the foul ref before,
though it is reported to be in common usage.  So, what you're saying is
that RAC for DR purposes is a "Paddy Martin?"

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-fel1.htm

"All my pretty ones?
Did you say all? O hell-kite! All?
What, all my pretty chickens and their dam
At one fell swoop?"

http://www.anu.edu.au/andc/ozwords/October_96/6._betty.htm

"...one fell swoop has now been Betty Martined to 'at (orin) one foul swoop
because
the meaning of fell has largely been lost."

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=one+foul+swoop