RE: RAC - mix Intel and AMD in same cluster ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:44:45 -0400

Wow, this is interesting - I read the whole blog on Numa and looked for
some stuff on Metalink.  We specifically disable NUMA but use hugepages
and this info suggests that using NUMA in hardware (bios setting) and
enable Numa in Linux can benefit by 10% or more.  See Metalink note
759565.1 as well.

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/kevin-closson-index/oracle-on-opteron-
k8l-numa-etc/

(reposting back to Oracle Freelist as well - I edited out some
proprietary info you may not want to share)