RE: RAC - mix Intel and AMD in same cluster ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:52:21 -0400

Interestingly enough, the hardware we have is identical to yours. One of
the things I am considering is upgrading the AMD Opterons from dual core
to quad-core, but the dual core run at 3 ghz while he quad-core is only
2.4 ghz.  So I have to look at other things like L1 and L2 cache, cache
speed etc. and see how they compare in various benchmarks.