RE: Quick and Dirty Grid Control

  • From: "Freeman, Donald G. CTR (ABL)" <donald.freeman.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 16:00:13 +0000

I don't really know the answer to how many of the homes are active.  There are
multiple homes for various 10G and 11G versions but I'm afraid a lot of that is
dead wood.  I know if we we're going to come up with a grid control solution
that these servers would have to be cleaned up quite a bit.   If we had the
resources I would think I could just run multiple grid control servers.  We
have enterprise licensing and it’s a shame not to leverage that and use every
thing I'm entitled to use for the enterprise and my own benefit.

 I'm thinking I could add things manually without having to do auto discovery.
 I've installed and used grid control before but you rarely get a chance to do
something in exactly the same way with the same conditions.