Quick and Dirty Grid Control

  • From: "Freeman, Donald G. CTR (ABL)" <donald.freeman.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'oracle-l digest users' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 15:28:11 +0000

The place I work doesn't use grid control.  They have about 600 active
databases in the development regions.   We lack hardware infrastructure.
All of these databases are mounted on five Solaris 10 Servers.   Another DBA
told me that they previously tried to get Grid Control running but it failed
on discovery.  It couldn't handle that many objects on a server.  That was
some time ago.

I'm about to get drafted (listening over the wall) to patch this weekend
(I'm not on that team) and I'm not really interested in trying to patch that
many databases manually, at least not twice.   Is there a method to install
grid control in some way that it can handle this situation?  Can 12C handle
this?

I would start doing some reading but I'm afraid somebody is going to walk
around the corner in about 5 minutes and give me, "the look."  I'm looking
for a direction to march in that will fix this going forward.