RE: Question on FireWire drive model for Oracle RAC

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:09:54 +0800

Well, 1999 was 7 years ago, much has changed since then.

The main thing is that now the reliable NFS3/TCP is mainstream instead
unreliable of NFS2/UDP.

Also, now the need for NFS mount parameters like noac and actimeo is well
documented, probably not so in 1999.

Also, I think synchronous NFS IO appeared into linux kernels somewhere in
2.4, so if you were on linux, it was impossible to satisfy Oracle's
requirements then anyway..

Tanel.

  _____