Re: Question on FireWire drive model for Oracle RAC

  • From: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:38:03 -0400

It was on Solaris.

On 8/27/06, Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, 1999 was 7 years ago, much has changed since then.

The main thing is that now the reliable NFS3/TCP is mainstream instead
unreliable of NFS2/UDP.

Also, now the need for NFS mount parameters like noac and actimeo is well
documented, probably not so in 1999.

Also, I think synchronous NFS IO appeared into linux kernels somewhere in
2.4, so if you were on linux, it was impossible to satisfy Oracle's
requirements then anyway..

Tanel.

------------------------------ *From:* oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Ranko Mosic *Sent:* Sunday, August 27, 2006 05:46 *To:* Tanel Poder

*Cc:* Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: Question on FireWire drive model for Oracle RAC

 Latest I checked ( 1999) NFS was big no no for Oracle - but  I did it
anyways and database got corrupted.

--
Regards,
Ranko Mosic