RE: Pre-Approved database changes

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:38:16 -0700

Thanks Stephen.

I think I need to reiterate that 'Pre-Approved' means the change does not
require approval from the Change Control Board.

'Pre-Approved' does not mean free from structured processes.

Users cannot request their own accounts or privileges.  Their mgr
must do that and justify it.

Jared

"Karniotis, Stephen" <Stephen.Karniotis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/18/2004 05:58 AM
Please respond to
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Pre-Approved database changes

Jared:

   From browsing SoX a while ago, I believe any change that does not
destroy, provide access to, inhibit access to, or modify access to data is
part of the pre-approved list, but canâ??t be sure.

Things that I know canâ??t be there are:
            Creating, modifying and removing users
            Creating, modifying and removing roles
            Creating, modifying and removing privileges on objects
            Creating, modifying or removing objects in the database (even
database links count here)

Things that can be included
            Any operation that does not alter the integrity of the data or
the security of the data
            Any operation that is deemed maintenance such as exports,
backups, reporting è Tuning is questionable because access to the database
may be temporarily turned off

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis