Re: Pre-Approved database changes

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 04:21:09 -0700

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 18:32, Michael Thomas wrote:
> Sorry if I'm Sarbanes-Oakly ignorant and I've just
> made it apparent. HTH.

Yes, Mike, you have.

I wish I could be.

To answer the question that has been raised a
couple times regarding SarbOx and Change Control:

* Read COBIT or ITIL
* be a public company with >= $75M capitalization
* read up on SarbOx 404 and apply to IT control of financial systems
* get audited ( this is key, and happens annually)
* consider the many places you fail the audit
   ( if you don't already have stringent controls,
     you will fail )
* learn something about the Capability Maturity Model
* discern what it takes to go from CMM Level 2 to level 4
  ( in a few months )
* get used to it.

Jared