Re: Performance problems after moving to new hardware

  • From: Stefan Koehler <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:00:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi Sandra,
i personally would not spend that much amount of time and effort on storage
side, as we don't know the root cause of your issue yet.

However the old statistics are saved automatically by default for 31 days (if i
remember right for 11g), if you have gathered the statistics with
DBMS_STATS. You can restore them without any additional work - just by using
DBMS_STATS.RESTORE_SCHEMA_STATS or be more specific with
DBMS_STATS.RESTORE_TABLE_STATS for your view objects only.

Oracle documentation: http://tinyurl.com/jwqmuz3

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: @OracleSK