RE: Performance problems after moving to new hardware

  • From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:54:06 -0500

If you are using ZFS for the file system, you may want to find out the zfs
cache settings from a sysadmin. A reasonable value may be about 10% of the
physical memory (assuming the T5 has at least 128G memory).

Also double check if the cache in EMC array is enabled..
accidentally/unintentionally turning it off will yield poor response times..
though rare, worth checking it.

-Upendra

Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 15:27:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Performance problems after moving to new hardware
From: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx
To: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We migrated from a Dell platform.

Sandy

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Mark Burgess <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi Sandra,

What was the hardware platform that you migrated this system from? Was it T5 or
other?

Regards,

Mark

--