Re: Oracle security - Book recommendation

  • From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jonathan Intner <jsidba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 12:17:00 -0500

Thanks guys

> Depending upon what you're trying to learn, I found David Litchfield's The
> Oracle Hacker's Handbook to be one of the most enlightening books on possible
> exploits for vulnerabilities in Oracle.

Good question, I was looking for a couple of details:

- Initial setup,  precisely how strip all unnecessary schemas, permission.
Then add back permission when need arise and only as narrowly as possible

- RBAC and MAC setup. I am especially interested to see how practical it is to
implement RBAC on oracle

- Auditing

William