Oracle security - Book recommendation

  • From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 15:32:11 -0500

Hello Pals,

I am planning to pick an oracle book with mainly security bias. I have already
looked through Oracle security handbook (ISBN 0-07-213325-2) and though well
written and good read, it sound a tad dated. It, for example does not have
anything to do with oracle 10g as it was written in 2001.

A bit of googling and I am now inclined to pick "HOWTO Secure and Audit Oracle
10g and 11g" or "Effective Oracle Database 10g Security by Design".  Which of
the two book is a better read?  Or even better, is there another book out there
that is even better that the above two?

Regards,

William--