Re: Oracle security - Book recommendation

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 09:17:54 +0100

Hi William!

On 05/22/2010 09:32 PM, William Muriithi wrote:
> Hello Pals,
>
> I am planning to pick an oracle book with mainly security bias. I have
> already looked through Oracle security handbook (ISBN 0-07-213325-2) and
> though well written and good read, it sound a tad dated. It, for example does
> not have anything to do with oracle 10g as it was written in 2001.
>
> A bit of googling and I am now inclined to pick "HOWTO Secure and Audit
> Oracle 10g and 11g" or "Effective Oracle Database 10g Security by Design".
> Which of the two book is a better read?  Or even better, is there another
> book out there that is even better that the above two?

Not that I am a great fan of Oracle University but their security
training for Oracle Database 10g Release 2 is really good. And it takes
a lot for them to make me say this!

I understand that attending an OU class is a lot more expensive than any
book, but if you have training budget (unlike me) then maybe you can
persuade the powers to let you go to this course. Don't know if that's
been updated to 11g yet.

> Regards,
>
> William--
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l