Re: Oracle recovery

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 14:43:34 -0600

I'll never forget it.  We pulled a rabbit out of the hat in saving a single
table dropped from production by a careless developer on a moment's notice,
then went out for beers and got hammered in celebration.  Returned to the
office to find another outage in progress.  At least it didn't hurt so much
the second time...

The 9iRMAN command to DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE ... EXCLUDING TABLESPACES
really helps simplify this task now...