RE: Oracle NoSQL Documentation

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:00:30 +0000

Robert,

        One should also consider the volatility of the marketplace.  I've seen
technologies come and go because they were not widely adopted.  Give Oracle a
limited distribution of NoSQL and they'll drop it in a year or two as well.
Wasn't that long ago (ok 20+ years) that Ada was going to be the best thing
since sliced bread.  Oracle even created an Ada pre-compiler.  Haven't seen
that in a while and don't even try to find a job listing where Ada experience
is needed.  Similar, but reversed, for Cobol.   So if you don't mind I'll take
a "wait and see" attitude about NoSql.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader