Re: Netapp snapshot backups for RAC

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:00:53 +0100

With split-mirroring or snapshot solutions (EMC or NETAPP or anyother
vendor) when working with ASM you need to carefully layout the Disk Groups.

For example you should (or shall I say must) NOT mix databases in same Disk
Groups, because when you run the snapshot you will be backing up all
databases in the Disk Group, that is not a problem. The problem is when you
have to restore, when you restore a snapshot you will be restoring several
databases!

Thanks

--
LSC