RE: Netapp snapshot backups for RAC

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx" <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:07:00 +0100

Hi,

If you are using ASM, then you will need to use the "snapmanager for oracle"
product from NetApp.
There are some limitations in how you should structure your volumes/data.

I have used it in the past on nfs environments, and it works reasonable
although there are some bugs and annoyances in how the product currently works.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator