Re: NFS on a 10g RAC cluster

  • From: krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:37:46 -0800 (PST)

Jon,

From discussions with a Unix architect, I understood that read-write nfs
has some holes that our security teams did not like. We however use read
only nfs routinely in many environments. The issues were:
1. Security did not like us using nfs, especially read-write
2. In our Solaris environments, in some older OS releases, stale nfs
mounts were problematic.

A question though: Is there a reason why you wouldn't have the nfs mounts
on all nodes of the RAC and perhaps control access to that mount point
through, say the services framework as opposed to failing the mount point
to different nodes?

-Krish