Re: Tuning RMAN backup and recovery

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:42:30 -0600

Just a bit of follow-up.  We have been able to move our /rman LUN to
it's own spindles in production.  Saturday night's level 0
database+archivelog backup finished in roughtly 3.75 hours.  This was
using the same configuration as I posted in the original post, so 4
channels.  I'll cut this down to 2 for next Saturday and see how it
times out then.

We're working to make similar changes on our development servers in
the hopes that duplications will finish in a somewhat reasonable time
(e.g. far less than 2 days).

--
Don Seiler
http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com