Re: Migrating 9i to 10g performance issues

  • From: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joerg.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:46:13 +0000

We had major problems and tried many routes. The idea of transportable came
up at a
panel at  UKOUG in Birmingham. We found that export just died when it tried
to create very large files, It took a long time because I had to do tests at
weekends - thats why I suggest a spare box where you can test opening the
new baby at leisure.  yes you have to go to 10g but it works - other methods
- notabley export do not!, I founds that there was little knowledge at
Oracle on doing this - but it was a couple of years ago now.

--
Howard A. Latham