Re: Migrating 9i to 10g performance issues

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:08:16 -0600

Thanks, Mark, for the good information.  I had forgotten about the
conversion aspect of transportable.  No way I can do it on the source
side--can't add more disk--questionable on the target side at this point in
time.  We have been running more tests on the larger tables and have found
that direct-path insert in parallel will significantly cut load time.  We
will continue to test various scenarios over the next 3 weeks.  There also
is some discussion of moving the largest table a month at a
time--fortunately, it now has a static date--moving the most current months
first.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Sandy