RE: Migrate users from 10-11

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx" <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:44:39 +0100

Hi,

Datapump will recreate the users for you.
You can also create them manually and use the "identified by values "<hashed
password>" syntax.

When doing schema level datapump imports you must also remember that datapump
will only grant you privileges on the schema objects you are importing.
So any privilege on sys objects (eg execute on dbms_alert) will not be granted
during the import.
(as sys is not exported during database level exports, the same example should
be true for database level imports).

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime