RE: Migrate users from 10-11

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>, <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:20:01 -0500

dba_users has some spots.   The identified by values clause now causes an
ora-00600.  (Turns out this trick has never been supported by oracle).

It works from 11g also:

select 'alter user &&v_user identified by values '||''''||b.password||''''||';'
from dba_users a, sys.user$ b
where a.user_id = b.user# and a.username = upper('&&v_user');

DESC DBA_USERS
 Name
 EXTERNAL_NAME
    PASSWORD_VERSIONS