RE: Migrate users from 10-11

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:55:22 -0500

If no one has a better way, you can:

1) make a clone of the minimal database parts
2) offline drop all the user data tablespaces including contents
3) upgrade what is left
4) export full
5) import on the new server
6) add back the tablespaces you dropped
7) add back any direct grants on sys objects in the original database, if
you really still want them.
8) proceed with your datapump.

or something approximating that depending on your exact circumstances. If
you have massive amounts of source$ and you plan to re-build your pl/sql
stuff from scripts on 11g anyway, you might want to generate drop all
packages and procedures scripts on the clone before the export.

That is an overview as best I can remember it off the top of my head.
UNTESTED, so I  might have left something out, and it has been a while.
You'll probably have some grant (see CONNECT) and role changes to make to
match up with changes in the security model.

Regards,

mwf