RE: Managing CPU_COUNT for micro-partitioning on AIX

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:30:46 -0500

Wow.  Which DASDs did they expect you were using?  ;)

And, yes, based on the excellent responses I've had in this thread, I
plan to override the _CPU_COUNT.  Without checking, I would think that
the parameters derived from _CPU_COUNT would be static anyway, but I
don't need them changing on me if I should need to bounce the
instance(s).

I don't know if I'll get a chance to read much of the AIX manuals (save
for looking up "mpstat"!), but I trust the guys that are calling the
shots on the OS.

Thanks all for your help!

Rich