RE: Managing CPU_COUNT for micro-partitioning on AIX

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:48:31 -0700

From this comment, and another I received privately, it seems that it
wasn't clear that I was joking in my earlier post about not getting root
access.  I fully understand that root access is a major security risk
and should be controlled as tightly as possible, i.e. known only by the
Unix admin(s), complex password changed regularly, only accessed via su,
etc.

Regards,
Brandon

From: Mark Brinsmead [mailto:pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx]

As for not getting "root" passwords, well, that is not uncommon in my
experience.