Re: Is it possible to add existing datafiles to an oracle database?

  • From: "Peter Teoh" <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: srinivas.chintamani@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 13:49:53 +0800

On 4/25/08, Srinivas Chintamani <srinivas.chintamani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I ended up with a crashed Oracle db, which refuses to start.  I have all the
> datafiles for this database and was wondering if it is possible to somehow
> "Load / Import" the data in these datafiles into another working database.
> If yes, it will save me quite a lot of re-work.  Can somebody help me on
> this please ....
>
> --
> Regards,
> Srinivas Chintamani

As suggested by someone else on this list, Oracle has a tool called
DUL, to extract the data from the datafiles without Oracle starting
up.   Alternatively, there are 3rd party tools like:

http://www.ora600.nl/pricing.htm

http://www.anysql.net/en

Or a few others as listed here:

http://www.anysql.net/tools/eight_dul_like_tools.html:

        * Bernard's Data UnLoader
        * DUDE/jDUL
        * AnySQL UnLoader (AUL)
        * Oracle Salvage
        * OracleRecovery
        * Recovery for Oracle
        * MyDUL
        * CLOUT

Sorry, I know nothing about them.   Does anyone know any opensource
tools that can  do this?

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh