RE: Executing a query for the output without doing the SQLNet round trips

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Herald ten Dam <Herald.ten.Dam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 22:43:32 +0800

1. Whether I use an Indexed colum or a FullTableScan, it is the ResultSet that will be causing the SQL*Net round-trips that I which to avoid.

2. No, this is not a server-side job. I am demonstrating (creating a test case) the impact of differences in execution plan (FullTableScans, ClusteringFactor,IndexRangeScan) on the amount of work the database has to do. If I make a large number of SQL*Net round-trips, not only are my SQL*Net waits higher, but so are my 'consistent gets'. It is these that I want to avoid.

At 01:29 AM Wednesday, Herald ten Dam wrote:
Is the option to put the query in a job, which you schedule? A job always runs in de serversite and will not give round trips.

Herald ten Dam