Re: Executing a query for the output without doing the SQLNet round trips

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx, hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:15:30 +0800

That could reduce the number of round-trips yes. But I am doing a local (BEQ) connection. Also, I really want to eliminate all round-trips but still have Oracle fetch all the rows and columns.

At 02:14 PM Tuesday, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:
How about playing around with SQL *Net Packet size parameters (SDU & TDU)?

Regards,

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
<http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html>http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes : http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html