Re: Deletion Of 160 Million Rows.

  • From: Sheldon Quinny <sheldonquinny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:36:35 +0530

We should first aks Sheldon about all relevant info:
a) does it need to be online
b) is the person doing it aware of doing table
restructuring
c) what is the timeframe to do this
d) what is the average size of record
e) how many indexes are on the table
f) .....

The Table Is Online And Updations Are Happening,
But Out Of That We Just Trying To Get Rid Of 60 Milliion Records.
Obvious Index Are There.
I Just Want An General Answer As To What Option I Should Go For  ,
From The Solution U GuysHave Mention.

All I Need Is The Performace Should Not Be Degraded While The System
Is Online State.

The Work Has To Eventually Be Done, At Peek Hours Or An WeekEnds.. But
The Db Is 24x7 (Table Online).

Anyways IF U Guys Have Something Diffrent From The Above Solutions ,
Would Be Nice To Share.. If Not, I Shall Work On The Given Soution
With The Seniors.
Thank You.
Sheldon