RE: Deletion Of 160 Million Rows.

  • From: "Andre van Winssen" <awinssen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wbfergus@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:27:08 +0100

It is not just a matter of following asktom advices, it is also about
understanding what you cause in production systems with your actions.
Usually I am constrained to reducing downtime/locking risks to the minimum.
If an auditing table gets updated all the time by the whole user community
all over the world 24*7 it requires careful design to achieve the no
downtime goal.

Regards,
Andre van Winssen