Re: Data Pump and compress on the fly in Unix

  • From: James Foronda <James.Foronda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:02:53 -0500

Niall Litchfield wrote:
I hope you saw the smiley (or saddy). I'm entirely impressed with a *nix filesystem that delivers what zfs does (and for the purposes of this discussion) delivers comparable features to NTFS fromw win2k.

I'm just not convinced that many people would use a different fs for their export destination than their oracle files more generally.

Not ragging on zfs, just expressing doubts about practicality.

Not a problem, Niall. No offense was taken... for me, that's all part of a healthy discussion.

Cheers!

http://jforonda.blogspot.com