RE: Data Pump and compress on the fly in Unix

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:33:12 -0500

What about using the filesize parameter and the file wildcard (numeric
numbering) to have the export written to a series of datafiles.  You
should then be able to pick up the closed export files and compress them
while the export is still generating additional export files.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148