Re: DST Apology

  • From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:14:49 -0500

I second Brandon's advise. I just finished going back and updating some databases with the script that oracle released to fix this problem.

Thanks for the heads up, Brandon.

Allen, Brandon wrote:
But while we're on the subject (again), let me emphasize for the 42nd time that the "updated" utltzuv2.sql script as downloaded from Metalink is in fact *not* complete/correct. I have been trying to get this point across for weeks now (on this list, under the subject "ALERT - Potentially Serious Problem with DST Patches for New Timezones"), but I'm not sure how many people are listening. Metalink released two notes addressing this problem on Feb 12th and I strongly recommend everyone read them: 414590.1 & 414826.1. Regards,
Brandon