Re: DATABASE HANGS WITH SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ahmed107@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:05:57 -0700

Please define what you consider a hang.

How long did wait for shutdown immediate?

If there are transactions running, it could take awhile.

10-15 minutes is not all that unusual if there are some
long running transactions going on.

--
Jared Still

On 4/27/06, Ahmed Ullah <ahmed107@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all:

We have Oracle 9.2.0.5 database ( single Note RAC ). There were some heavy
batch jobs running which cuased the db hang ( only sys connection was
working ).

We tried to bring down the database after cleaning all sessions. It did
not go down with SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE. We had to abort it. I tried to bring
down the DB three times with SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE it never went down.