Re: DATABASE HANGS WITH SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:03:52 -0400

On 04/29/2006 03:50:50 AM, Mogens NÅrrgaard wrote:

> I agree with the other members who responded that probably it's just a
> case of SMON having to do a lot of work - and not using old-school
> tablespace types. There is one other possibility perhaps: The ugly, old
> bug w.r.t. memory leaking and Shutdown immediate just hanging. I think
> the usual workaround still works:
>
> event="10262 trace name context forever, level 0"
>
> Again, it's probably just a completely normal thing you're seeing, but
> it MIGHT be the bug rearing its head again.
>
> Mogens

Two things:
1) Another thing to use would be hanganalyze, well documented on Metalink,
   in the note 215858.1. There are also some external articles about hanganalyze
   and oradebug (wink, wink).
2) What kind of a character set are you using? Your name looks like this when
   I see it: "Mogens Nrrrgaard". I thought that I was socializing with Mr. Sam
Adams
   a bit too much and that I see to many letters "r", but no, it's real.
--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com