RE: Convert 2-node RAC to single instance

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "yong321@xxxxxxxxx" <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 22:41:16 -0500

Yong,

I don't have any definitive data, but, if I recall correctly, one of the
Oakies, maybe Bjorn Engsig(?), did a test, and found that running RAC binaries
on a single instance database caused a noticeable performance penalty over the
single instance binaries.
If I recall correctly, he was quoting around 12-15% performance hit?  Sorry, I
don't remember details, and this was at least 2 years ago.....

I'll ping the Oaktable list see if I can get some follow up information.....

-Mark