Re: Clusterware tests

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alever@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 13:30:10 +0100

You are correct, it is an unusual setup though, and as the whitepaper points
out using clusterware to protect custom resources including single instance
databases falls outside of support (as in oracle won't help troubleshoot the
clustering of the database, they *will* support both the database and the
cluster separately.

if you review the whitepaper you'll see that it uses custom start/stop
scripts (in perl no less) to control the database. This is what you'll have
to write yourself (or steal from the paper). srvctl is for oracle supplied
and managed cluster resources.

niall

--
Niall Litchfield