RE: Can IP addresses be audited in Oracle

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:10:52 -0500

I would add machine and perhaps program to the list so I would try to
capture the v$session.osuser, machine, terminal, and program plus the IP
Address via sys_context.  Thomas noted several potential problems with
attempting to use an IP to track access.  Additional information helps
if you have reason to look.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell --