Can IP addresses be audited in Oracle

  • From: "Randy Samberg" <Randy.Samberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:13:19 -0800

Hello guru's,

Does anyone know if there is any way to get the ip address of someone
that is logged into Oracle.  My manager wants to audit users logging
into our Lawson database running on Oracle.  He said he wants user,
login time, logout time, and ip address.  I know that if you turn on
auditing, you can get a login and logout time, but this slows down
Lawson, and does not give an ip address.  The ip address seems to be the
most important thing to him.  I looked at all the dynamic views, and
none of these give that information.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Randy