Re: CTX Indexes

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:09:25 +0800

Just to add... optimizer stats on the DR$ tables that underpin your
index is not supported until v10.  (I logged a tar asking that very
question a few weeks back).

similarly, support told me to ensure that dynamic sampling was not
enabled for a session that was going to do the sync / optimize.

All which (still) strikes me as odd, since if you trace a sync or
optimize command, you'll often see hints in the SQL that force the CBO
anyway...

other issues - dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats does not know this, so
it will quite happily put stats on the DR$ tables.

sigh..

On 5/26/05, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
<Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well my conclusion is that I will run resync_indexes & Optimize_index as
> requested by the application.  I will not gather stats of any of the
> CTXSYS schema objects.  I always gather stats for my schema anyway, so
> the local tables created when I create a context index will have their
> stats gathered.
>=20
> That's what I'm going to do.
>=20

--=20
Connor McDonald
=3D=3D
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx
web:   http://www.oracledba.co.uk

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"