RE: CTX Indexes

  • From: <Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:53:22 +0100

Well it has been a while, but back in 8.1.7 Oracle changed things so =
that the analyze did nothing, it only recorded the fact that it had been =
run. The optimization method was changed to so that it was carried out =
at query time to find the token document count.

The object owned by ctxsys were not analyzed, but the =
dr$<your_index_name>$I etc objects created in the application schema =
that owned the text indices were analyzed. As well as  a regular =