From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F
(LABOR)
Sent: 25 May 2005 13:00
To: oracle-l
Subject: CTX Indexes

All,
=20

We are just creating CTX type indexes for the first time and I have a
couple of questions.

=20

I know that I need to periodically resync the indexes using the Ctx_ddl
package.  We plan on doing this nightly for now until the apps folks
tell us it needs to be done more often.

=20

I also tried to gather stats on the index, but the stats columns in the
user_indexes view did not get updated.  Is gathering stats on ctx type
indexes a waste of time?  Should I be gathering stats on some CTX tables
instead - like the DR$INDEX_VALUE table where all of the data from the
column is actually stored (this is a big assumption on my part)?

=20

Thanks

Tom