Re: AUTOEXTEND

  • From: Kip.Bryant@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:10:58 -0700

I don't use autoextend on undo, rollback, temp, and...system
tablespaces...'though I don't really have a good argument for why I don't use
it on system tablespace.  I monitor the status of my safety net of autoextend
datafiles and also monitor diskspace so I have an idea when I'll run out of
capacity and know when I've hit a certain percent utilization.   Some sites
script automatic creation of autoextend datafiles but so far I haven't had a
need to do that (or perhaps I haven't had the nerve...).

Kip