RE: ASM Record Deletions

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:34:23 +0200

Hi Mark,
I think is necessary since CSS is (among other things) the foundation for
interprocess communication in a cluster environment and as such used to
handle interaction between ASM instance and regular instance also in single
instance env.

Regards,
Goran

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: RE: ASM Record Deletions Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:00:08 -0400 From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Reply-To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone know why does single instance w/ ASM require the CSS component?

-Mark

-- Mark J. Bobak Senior Oracle Architect ProQuest Information & Learning

Ours is the age that is proud of machines that can think and suspicious
of men who try to.  --H. Mumford Jones, 1892-1980

-----Original Message----- From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Closson Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:50 PM To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: RE: ASM Record Deletions

>>>Now regarding CSS. In my understanding it has nothing to do
with association of diskgroup to ASM instance. As I mentioned this is

controlled by you or ASM instance at startup base on init.ora
parameter ASM_DISKGROUPS. What CSS is tracking is association between

database instance and ASM instance that it's connected to.

not to be picky, but CSS has nothing to do with ASM to instance association...CSS is mrely voting...the involved bits are CRS and OCR.

ATONTI, out

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l