RE: ASM Record Deletions

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:37:56 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin

  ASM instance cannot be created if CSS is not running and so even dbca will
propt you to run "localconfig add" so that it can create the ASM storage
instance. Any insight experience

  Sanjay

Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >>>Now regarding CSS. In my understanding it has nothing to do
>>>with association of diskgroup to ASM instance. As I
>>>mentioned this is controlled by you or ASM instance at
>>>startup base on init.ora parameter ASM_DISKGROUPS. What CSS
>>>is tracking is association between database instance and ASM
>>>instance that it's connected to.

not to be picky, but CSS has nothing to do with ASM to instance
association...CSS is mrely voting...the involved bits are
CRS and OCR.

ATONTI, out

http://mail.yahoo.com